Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no sound on laptop?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Kare to the Bear
I recently got windows 7 installed on my laptop. When i went on it today (the first time i got to use it with windows 7) and there was no sound. It says that the sound driver is installed, but in the sound menu, it shows 3... options (not the right word, but i don't know how else to explain it). there's 2 speakers (one has a green check and the other says not plugged in and has a red arrow) and the other option is digital audio (S/PDIF) and it says that it's ready. I first thought it was my whole sound, but i get sound when i plug headphones in. When i troubleshoot, the computer says "disk errors found"

this is the picture of the sound window

also, how would i update my video card? When I ran a troubleshoot to make sure that my sound was ok, it said this “Update the driver for your video card. The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.” when i tried to do it manually (i clicked help and it brought me to a page) and video wasn't listed as a driver that needed to be updated
Kare to the Bear
A mod can delete this because I fixed the problem myself. I had to install the drivers, but the sound drivers wouldn't install in my computer. But I somehow got it to work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.