Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-bay ASAP!
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Victoriia
If you win a bid on e-bay, can you cancel it? I've accidently put my maxbid as 4000 instead of 40 so it's obvious i'm going to win. Can I cancel when the payment comes?
Jessica*
I think yes, but they might penalize you for it. And I think you have to contact ebay directly.. Check the help menu and stuff
Hope they allow you to cancel your bid..

Found this:
As a general rule, you can’t retract or cancel a bid. When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you’re the winning bidder.

However, honest mistakes sometimes occur. You can retract a bid if you have a valid reason for doing so as defined by eBay policy and you retract the bid within the required time period.

Valid reasons for retracting a bid include:
You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount due to a typographical error.
The item’s description changed significantly after you entered your last bid.
You can’t reach the seller by telephone or email.
Changing your mind is not a valid reason for retracting a bid. Before bidding, be sure to carefully review the listing.

If you need to retract a bid, review the conditions for retracting a bid. If you meet the conditions and understand the results of doing so, fill out a Bid Retraction form. To retract a best offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.
Victoriia
Thankyou, I've just been on there, and it says I can't cause theres less that 12 hours left of the auction, so i've messaged the buyer and asked if she can cancel my bid. I just won't pay it if she won't. Mark me down whatever but i'm not paying what I can't afford.

EDIT: The girl has cancelled my bid. Pheeeew. I panicked like crazy.
Panic!
If you accidentally do that, you have like 10 sec to fix it. It says something about it in the rules to retract. Like if you accidentally put $4000 instead of $400, you just enter the right amount again and submit immediately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.