Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laptop problems
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Dinaynay42
I got my laptop a little less than a year ago. Its an HP. Lately, I've been having trouble with it. It'll be on, fully functional, then I'll be distracted for a minute, not enough time so that it goes into sleep mode, but the screen still shuts off. No matter what I do, I can't get my screen back. I need to press the power button, unplug it, and shut it in order for it to finally shut off. Only then can I open it and turn it on. One day a few weeks ago it was so bad, that I couldn't turn it back on, because after I shut it off, I would open it, it would begin to restart, then it would shut off again.

Any idea what's wrong?
Robb
Where to start....

1) Exact model name please.
2) Operating system.
3) Security software, if any. Is it up to date?
Dinaynay42
1) HP Pavillion dv7
2) Windows Vista (I think that's what you were asking!)
3) Norton Antivirus. And yes, it's up to date. I do a full system scan every week.
Robb
Yes, operating system would refer to the version of Windows. Have you made sure Vista is up to date by going to windows updates? If not, do so now.

Also check out the HP site for any updated drivers or bios updates for your model. Apply them were updates are available.
babzxo1221
When I have problems with my sony(which is rarely), I call them, they fix stuff asap for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.