Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows 7 free Upgrade
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
TaraBreanne
So I bought a computer back in September and because of when I bought it I can get windows 7 for free, and that offer expires on the 31st.

So I go to the website they told me to go to to get it, and I have to select my computer model from a drop down menu but my model isn't there. and when I click on the auto detect my model button, I get this message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unable to Detect Your Model
We are sorry, but we were unable to detect your model.

This may happen if you are not using a Sony computer, your browser security settings are interfering with this program or you have a Sony computer model that does not support this feature.

The Auto detect feature may not work with all browser software. If you are experiencing problems, we recommend that you try the Microsoft® Internet Explorer® browser or close this window and select your model from the drop-down menus provided. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use Firefox, so I tried doing it in Internet Explorer and it still won't work.
What do I do?

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/os7upgrade.pl thats the website and my model number is PCG-7162L

thanks!
Robb
Ring sony. Or go to where you bought it.
rugger4life
thats weird... you have the same model computer as me. The update worked for me, i got it in the mail 2 days after the release of windows 7. I would say call them or email them? that's weird that it won't show that model.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.