Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laptop Keyboard missing letters when typing
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Dinaynay42
I'll be typing either here, on Microsoft Word, on Facebook, or anywhere else and I KNOW I type everything correctly, but my keyboard insists on missing letters, making me backspace and retype everything. It just started this a while ago, about 2 weeks ago. My roommate's laptop does the same thing. She has a Dell, but I have an HP. What could be wrong?
Robb
Ok, so you both have different laptops, and letters aren't working anymore.

I'd think perhaps some malware. Do a full antivirus scan of your computers.
yellow_lights
Do you eat while you're on your computer? Maybe you have food stuck underneath your keys...
love fuhrer
Press harder.
babzxo1221
QUOTE (love fuhrer @ Nov 29 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Press harder.

lmao.

I say you and your roomie go in on a keyboard cleaner, it's like a dust spray.
Dinaynay42
I do weekly anti-virus checks on my computer. I do not eat over my laptop. I do eat while on it, but not close enough so that crumbs can get in. Pressing harder won't do a single thing, trust me. I type hard enough as it is. I'll look into the keyboard cleaner with my roommate. Thanks guys!
love fuhrer
I don't understand how it could be anything other than a sticky key if you can go back and get it right when you're making sure it's registered your type?
Dinaynay42
That's what I'm not understanding either. I am careful when I type and I know when I miss a letter when I actually miss it, but when I don't miss it and it's not typed out, that's when I got worried.
love fuhrer
Eh, mine has been doing it a lot lately (it's doing it now with the S key), I just have to slow down, it's incredibly frustrating but if I give my keyboard a clean it usually helps for a wee while.
Dinaynay42
It's only doing it sometimes. It did it all the time when I was home this weekend, and it did it a bit when I came back, now it's doing it very sparingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.