Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: criminal background check
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
hurleyy
not sure if this post goes here. I was wondering if there is a website for criminal background check for free? I have been looking it up and can't find one.
Robb
No there is not. You need to have a bloody good reason for doing one when you request it from the police.
Victoriia
Just wondering, why do you need this anyway?
still.the.one
Well I know some counties offer their public records online, you can find out if someone's in jail or what crimes they have committed simply by using a search feature. You may want to google your county (or theirs, if theirs is different) and you can find it. Criminal record is usually public hence being able to search for them easily.
Jessica*
Vickie - I know a lot of places around here you need a criminal background check for certain jobs, and certain programs at the college. Stuff like teaching, and social working. Heck, my sister works at a call center and she needed a criminal background check because they work with credit card numbers and stuff.
love fuhrer
QUOTE (still.the.one @ Sep 21 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Well I know some counties offer their public records online, you can find out if someone's in jail or what crimes they have committed simply by using a search feature. You may want to google your county (or theirs, if theirs is different) and you can find it. Criminal record is usually public hence being able to search for them easily.

Wtf? Where is a criminal background check public? Here, you can only do it via the police and only once you've had clearance -- as in the cases Jessica* listed above most often. You can't just walk in off the street and ask the cops to give you that info, so why should you be able to do it online? Hell, even COPS get in deep shit here for looking people up without a reason (i.e. under investigation, for court etc).
still.the.one
Most of that stuff is public record, they don't go into a lot of details. But I know they do it because I have checked my stepdad's criminal record. In fact I found an assault case from 1987. So they do have some information posted online: http://www.co.greene.oh.us/pa/pa.htm that's an example, it's a county in ohio. All you do is enter that public access and type in the name, woolah information!
coldplay x3
All I know of is a site that tells you where sex offenders live.
So you can check your area.
hurleyy
QUOTE (cuddelykins-xo @ Sep 20 2009, 05:40 AM) *
Just wondering, why do you need this anyway?

because I am looking it up for someone i know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.