Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue screen
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
TaraBreanne
in the last day and a half, my NEW Sony Vaio laptop has given me the crazy blue screen of death and shut down and restarted 3 times. The blue screen is never up long enough for me to read one sentance before the screen goes black and shuts down. after it turns back on this comes up

although the other times its happened the check later button said check for solutions. when I click check for solutions it says it's checking for solutions with this little window that pops up but then it disapears and nothing happens :\.

anyways, here's the infor that was in the problem details, idk if that helps any:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800021D3B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60019B2798
BCP4: FFFFFA60019B2170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082809-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tara Breanne\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41808-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Tara Breanne\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7BD.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

Soo whats causing this to happen, and how can I fix it?
Robb
See the files it mentions in what you posted? Could you post the contents of them here or pm them to me please?
Dinaynay42
This sounds oddly like what my roommate was having trouble with. She kept screaming about a blue screen and how it made her computer shut down, then it asked her always whether she wanted to restart the computer in safe mode or normal mode. She called Dell (her provider) and they found out it was a software problem. Someone else on our floor also had the same problem, so we think it was a virus.
TaraBreanne
I had talked to a person who knows computers and he said it was probably a hardware problem. I took the laptop into futureshop and the guy recommented getting a new one, because I only had this one for about a week and it shouldnt be giving me problems already so it's probably going to give me more.

Soo I guess I don't need help anymore, hopefully my next new laptop won't suck lol. But thanks Robb and Daina smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.