Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vocal Remover
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
coldplay x3
I've been searching for an effective vocal remover and can't seem to find one.
I tried Audacity. And the vocal remover plugin for Winamp (that has worked before, but for some reason it won't work on my laptop).

Any decent freeware that removes vocals from a regular mp3?
Scott
QUOTE (coldplay x3 @ Aug 27 2009, 10:50 AM) *
I've been searching for an effective vocal remover and can't seem to find one.
I tried Audacity. And the vocal remover plugin for Winamp (that has worked before, but for some reason it won't work on my laptop).

Any decent freeware that removes vocals from a regular mp3?

Unfortunately, you're not going to find anything that doesn't distort the quality. There's a program that I use called Virtual DJ that is used by a lot of DJ's and it has a vocal remover as well, but even the best settings take away a little more treble quality than I think you're willing to give up, and on top of that, you can actually still hear the vocals, but it sounds like they are behind a closed door. =/
coldplay x3
QUOTE (Scott @ Sep 17 2009, 08:34 PM) *
Unfortunately, you're not going to find anything that doesn't distort the quality. There's a program that I use called Virtual DJ that is used by a lot of DJ's and it has a vocal remover as well, but even the best settings take away a little more treble quality than I think you're willing to give up, and on top of that, you can actually still hear the vocals, but it sounds like they are behind a closed door. =/
Yeah, I've noticed that sad.gif
I kinda gave up on it. I'm just gonna wait a while and see if I can find an instrumental (I doubt it, but oh well).
Thanks for your help, though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.