Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better FPS?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Kyrawesome
So we have very good internet (10meg) but the thing I'm having issues with are my frames per second. I can download a video at lightening fast speed and then I hate to watch it because my frame rate is so slow.

Any way to remedy this?
Robb
Buy a better pc. Or upgrade the CPU, or the GPU, or the ram. It all depends on quite a lot actually. Post your system specs and I'll have a look.
Kyrawesome
Where do I find those?
Robb
Right click on "My Computer" go to "Properties", tell me what it says there.
Kyrawesome
Intel ®
Pentium R 4CPU 2.66GHz
2.66GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

???
Robb
Ok that's a start. You could do with more ram, 2GB is the basic these days, sure Windows XP and Linux can run on 1, but in all reality XP wants 2GB, and Vista wants as much as you can throw at it.

Next up, what graphics card do you have, if any? To find this out once again right click on My Computer and go to properties. Then go to hardware, device manager. In device manager you'll see a rather large list of things with a + beside them. Go down to the one the says "Display Adapters" and click on the plus. Tell me what it says there once it's expanded.
Kyrawesome
We have a Radeon 2400, but no matter what drivers we download that are *supposed* to go to it, it doesn't work...
Robb
A 2400? Yeah that'd be causing issues. That particular chipset was absolutely bloody terrible.

In short, upgrade your ram to at least 2gigs and get a new graphics card.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.