Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something like Limewire?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
yellow_lights
So I'm getting sick and tired of Limewire. It never works, and if it does it shows like four crappy results. Does anyone have any suggestions for a free song downloading program?
Lindsey
Torrents
Robb
Legally? There isn't really any.

Illegally, there are many. I suggest if you really want to do that you look at torrents. I wont say more then that as I don't think the owner would like people discussing how to download music without paying for it on his forums. As he is in the US that sort of chat would get him arrested.
KerriiAnne
Bit Torrent is good.
Victoriia
Definately FrostWire
KerriiAnne
Bit Torrent really DOES filter the results so you don't get viruses.
But, it's quite complicated to use at first..
Lindsey
Nah, it's not too weird.

http://www.wikihow.com/Download-Torrents

I suggest giving that a read to get started.
yellow_lights
Thank you everyone! smile.gif
TaraBreanne
I download music off of this website http://www.musiclemon.com/
coldplay x3
yeah, torrents ftw smile.gif
Refused
Torrents are good. But if you're just at home wanting to listen to music, try Spotify. It's basically like iTunes but you can just type a song or artist name in and listen to music for free. You can't download the music, but you can make playlists. Nice legal alternative smile.gif
coldplay x3
Idk what Spotify is, but it sounds like imeem.
So there's another site where you can listen & make playlists.
As well as playlist.com
Kare to the Bear
there's also pandora.com. it's an online radio and you put artists or songs you like and it will create a playlist for you
Lindsey
I used to have Rhapsody, and Rhapsody on my phone. It was nice, but pricey.
Chilly
pirate bay and bittorrent

all you will ever need
Robb
Piratebay? Not anymore.
Lindsey
What? since when?
Robb
Read slashdot from a few weeks ago. Piratebay has sold out and lost about 80% of it's user base.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.