Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ringtones
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
char2
I just got an LG Shine today, when I start to set a song as my ringtone that I've cropped and copied to my phone, it tends to say that the file is too large to set as my ringtone. I was wondering if there is a program that I can download that can take a file from something such as 500mb to 200? Or just another program other than Audacity that I can make ringtones with to copy onto my memory card.
Mas Tnega
I'd recommend Audacity, so that makes me wonder what's wrong with it. (LAME_enc.dll available here, by the way)

I guess there's also CDex, which will happily do the job.
Darksun
Since ring tones sound crappy anyway, you can use something like 64 or even 32kbps MP3. Just cut out a short clip of the song you want, since it only needs to be a few seconds long. You can do both of this in Audacity, like Mas suggested.
char2
I had been using Audacity, but it's okay now cause I traded my phone in for the Sony Ericsson slider. I like it a LOT better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.