Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Download videos from Youtube,
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Robb
Saw a nice little program today for downloading videos from Youtube and converting them from the flv format, to pretty much all the other main ones. Avi, mp4, mov, mp3, wav. Yes you can extract the music from the video too.

Now since a lot of you on here have ipods, and perhaps a few have other decent media players, I'd link you to it.

http://www.newrad.com/software/tubesucker/

It's very simple to use, it's like a new browswer (what you use to look at the internet) and you go to youtube, see a video you like? Click the very large "Download" button.

There are preferences to where you want to save the downloads and conversions, and they are all defaulted to the usual My Documents places.

I'd recommend it, and so does my wife.
hollipoo
This will work? Really? I'd love to try it and most likely will. I've tried getting videos off youtube with other download stuff and either it won't play in any player, or I can't do anything with it. I'll check it out.
Victoriia
I'm doing it now, and I love how you put the meaning of the word broswer for silly people like me who didn't know what one was smile.gif
Robb
QUOTE (hollipoo @ Jan 17 2008, 10:13 PM) *
This will work? Really? I'd love to try it and most likely will. I've tried getting videos off youtube with other download stuff and either it won't play in any player, or I can't do anything with it. I'll check it out.

No it doesn't. I just went and told you all about it because it doesn't.

Seriously holli, show some sense. It works fine and is a rather nice program.

I will make a guide with pictures and all on it's finer working points over the weekend and post it up in here.
david0mp
Robb is lying to you. It really doesn't work. wink.gif
Darksun
It's actually a virus he wrote so that he can steal all your money
Mas Tnega
Ah, thought it might be similar to Total Video Convertor.
Jessica*
just wondering if i can download movies off of watch-movies.net? I downloaded tubesucker, but i can't figure out how (if i can) to download them..maybe cause they open in a new window?
Robb
There is an option to download from other sites. Read over the help files, they explain how.
Jessica*
but with just the url i believe you have to download the tubesucker pro, which is 60 bucks..
coldplay x3
There's also keepvid.com :]

You copy and paste the YouTube link and then it'll give you a link to download the file. It's a Flash Video file, however. So if you want to watch it in Windows Media Player, you'll have to convert it.
Robb
Hence why tube sucker is better, it's all in one. You can convert it straight from there.
Mas Tnega
QUOTE (Jessica* @ Jan 23 2008, 01:26 PM) *
but with just the url i believe you have to download the tubesucker pro, which is 60 bucks..

*downloads free version on site*
*installs, confirms the "no malware" fact while getting weird errors*
*finds shortest of own low quality videos*
*downloads it*
*converts it*
*plays it*

Works fine. Would be nice if it didn't try using Windows Media Player, but then that's just because I'm lazy with codecs and it won't play properly on it (I blame the CCCP for this one).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.