Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't get on Aimgirl
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
rugger4life
Daina can't get on Aimgirl. The last few days every time she tries to the site she gets this:

she has tried deleting cookies, files, history, as well as run spyware doctor etc.

she said that Google used to be the same way but now google works.

any ideas on what she should do?
david0mp
Start > Run...
ipconfig /flushdns
Maxweeny
Hm.
I asked my friend and he said to just update the flash player.
Poor Daina! sad.gif
Robb
Update the flash player...

Your friends an idiot. Flash player HAS NOTHING to do with not being able to see the site. david0mp gave the correct answer.
Darksun
If flushing the DNS cache doesn't help, it could be a routing problem, but there's not usually much you can do to fix that other than asking your ISP or just waiting

In a command prompt, try "tracert www.aimgirl.com" and post the results
Kare to the Bear
QUOTE (Darksun @ Jan 3 2008, 07:08 AM) *
If flushing the DNS cache doesn't help, it could be a routing problem, but there's not usually much you can do to fix that other than asking your ISP or just waiting

In a command prompt, try "tracert www.aimgirl.com" and post the results

Daina's results:

"Unable to resolve target system name www.aimgirl.com."
david0mp
Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes) and post the results. It may be a problem with your dns settings. If you fell uncomfortable posting all your settings, you can just post the DNS addresses.
Darksun
In that case it's a DNS problem. Usually, DNS problems resolve themselves pretty quickly, as updates propogate across nameservers. I'd suggest your friend contact her ISP, because they might be better able to resolve the problem.
david0mp
Or she can go with a more reliable DNS server.
Dinaynay42
Ok, I'm on my school's computer, so I'll just sum up my situation.

A guy on my dance forum concluded I definitely have a DNS problem. He told me to unplug my router, shut my computer off for about 30 minutes, then try to plug everything back in.

I'll attempt that. Hopefully I'll be able to come back soon enough! I need to go through everything I missed. I'm barely surviving without this forum...I know...that's sad lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.