Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Limewire pain
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
Mark2008
Is anyone else having a problem with limewire being a pain?
Im having trouble shutting it down (doesnt seeem to want to) and it changing the settings to default all the time. It freezes alot and makes my pc unstable. Ive lowered the number of uploads from my pc etc but it keeps increasing the ammount. Ive both uninstalled and reinstalled and ive scanned for a virus but it says there isnt one. Limewire surely is a #$*!?pain at times.
Robb
Limewire works fine if it's setup correctly. Try uninstalling it from your computer and download it from the main site, and install with that one, then configure it again.
Christinajean
i heard limewire is bad
Robb
My what a useful and insightful post into helping this person.

Oh wait, it's not. When it comes to here don't post unless you have something to actually contribute rather then some random crap you cannot even prove.
look0at0me
Well my computer doesn't have like any memory..so when I use limewire it takes forever! But otherwise I like it. It is wayy sweet. It usually has what I'm looking for. But I haven't run it in a while..And it's always been a pain. For me. With the slow computer. Ahaha smile.gif
Darksun
You could try one of the other gnutella clients, there's a list here. They'll be able to access all of the same files as Limewire (with the exception of bittorrent stuff). If you need a good bittorrent client, I recomment utorrent.
pagenhardt
QUOTE (Mark2008 @ Nov 23 2007, 09:52 PM) *
Is anyone else having a problem with limewire being a pain?
Im having trouble shutting it down (doesnt seeem to want to) and it changing the settings to default all the time. It freezes alot and makes my pc unstable. Ive lowered the number of uploads from my pc etc but it keeps increasing the ammount. Ive both uninstalled and reinstalled and ive scanned for a virus but it says there isnt one. Limewire surely is a #$*!?pain at times.

Limewire requires a fast computer with enough memory. It's obvious that your computer isn't enough.
Files on Limewire are much more likely to contain viruses/spywares than files on Bittorrent(Azureus, uTorrent), which is better and usually virus-free.
Robb

Let's go with no, and stop spouting absolute crap.

Torrent files are no more, or no less, likely to link to viruses or spyware then Limewire or other systems that connect to torrents or gnutella networks.

In short, shut up.
Mas Tnega
QUOTE (pagenhardt @ Dec 15 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Limewire requires a fast computer with enough memory. It's obvious that your computer isn't enough.
It just doesn't sound right when you switch 'Java Runtime Environment' with 'Limewire'.
Lyndsey
sometimes when i use limewire it just won't search. it loads up fine and everything like it will let me type in the band and song name and load it up but it won't search for anything and i get no results.. it just acts like its searching or something i don't know. does anybody else have this problem? sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. not a big deal but it gets annoying when i really want a song right then and there lol.
hollipoo
I had that problem. It kept telling me it was connecting to the server. In the end, I figured out that it just must be their server because my fiance's computer got the same thing and today it worked perfectly fine.
Darksun
QUOTE (hollipoo @ Dec 17 2007, 02:31 AM) *
I had that problem. It kept telling me it was connecting to the server. In the end, I figured out that it just must be their server because my fiance's computer got the same thing and today it worked perfectly fine.

Limewire doesn't have a server... that's the whole point of Gnutella
Robb
Oh come now Darksun, you expect this lot to know that?
Darksun
I don't see how Limewire would be saying 'connecting to server' though... unless it was the bittorrent function, and it was having problems with the tracker? It could say 'connecting to network', but if it gets stuck on that, the problem is definatly at your end (or else everyone else in the world has stopped using gnutella)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.