Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: long distance texting?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
takeonmexx
I want to text my friends cousin who lives in Florida but I don't want it to cost extra on my bill. I live in NY by the way!

I have unlimited texting, so will there be an additional fee? THANK YOU, LOVES biggrin.gif!
babzxo1221
if you pay for unlimited.. than no it should not cost more.
TaraBreanne
i live in Canada, i have unlimited texting for anywhere in Canada but it costs more for the States, but another company that my boyfriend was gunna get a cell phone at, unlimited texting is only local and he would pay for long distance texting even in Canada.(which sucks cause i live long distance from him right now)

so i think it depends on your company, id give them a call and double check before you go on texting like crazy and then find out that its not free when you get the bill lol.
Suck(My)Kiss
im pretty sure its free. actually im like 99% sure it doesnt cost more as long as its all in the US. check with your service, but if you have tmobile, cingular, or verizon i know all three of those don't charge extra.
takeonmexx
thanks much, i have cingular!<3
hollipoo
technically you dont have cingular. you have at &t since they took over. but yes. Texting is free for all over the United states. The only time you text and it costs more is if you text to vote on say, american idol or another show.
Panic!
QUOTE (hollipoo @ Oct 21 2007, 05:58 AM) *
technically you dont have cingular. you have at &t since they took over. but yes. Texting is free for all over the United states. The only time you text and it costs more is if you text to vote on say, american idol or another show.

AT&T did not "take over" Cingular, they merged. But was it relevant in her case?
Suck(My)Kiss
actually cingular bought AT&T but they kept the name AT&T if you want to get technical...
TaraBreanne
AT&T did not "take over" Cingular, they merged. But was it relevant in her case?.

was THIS relevent in her case?
Robb
The whole topic is irrelevent, use bloody email.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.