Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speakers/sound?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
glam x blonde
about a week ago the sound on my computer completely stopped working. i can play videos, but no sound comes from it. then when im in itunes i click on a song to play and it doesnt play at all. like the thing at the top where it shows the song time and stuff, it doesnt even move its like i didnt do anything. and in limewire i try to play a song and nothing happens. how do i fix this? and yes my speakers are plugged in bc when i turn them on the light lights up.
Suck(My)Kiss
in you task bar on the right side by the time, is there a speaker icon? if so, is mute selected?

try going to the control panel and looking up speakers& sounds and making sure the system volume is up and nothing weird is there. if everything is fine, maybe your speakers are blown. the light would still be on but you might have had the volume up too loud once and blew them.
nygrrl
QUOTE (glam x blonde @ Sep 29 2007, 01:27 PM) *
about a week ago the sound on my computer completely stopped working. i can play videos, but no sound comes from it. then when im in itunes i click on a song to play and it doesnt play at all. like the thing at the top where it shows the song time and stuff, it doesnt even move its like i didnt do anything. and in limewire i try to play a song and nothing happens. how do i fix this? and yes my speakers are plugged in bc when i turn them on the light lights up.

Because you say the time doesn't increment it's not likely that your speakers are bad or that. It sounds like more of a software problem, like something that got installed messed up the sw/drivers that do sound. I assume you have a PC? Go into control panel, then system, click on hardware or device manager. see if there's any things in there with red x's or circle-slashes through them, if there are, that means that there's some driver problem. Anything that has to do with sound might be the culprit there. What do you see?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.