Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new computer with no speakers?
AimGirl Forum > Tech Forum > Technical Help
takeonmexx
The other day, my dad bought me a new computer for my birthday. When we were at Best Buy, i picked out a Gateway 17" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor. The guy that worked there said it had speakers built into it, but he could never "find where the sound came from". I've now discovered that.. well. THERE IS NO SOUND. Before I go out and buy new speakers, does anyone have any ideas of what's going on? Maybe there are speakers but I just don't know how to turn them on or something? The guy seemed pretty knowledgeable. I doubt he was lying. But at this point i have no idea what's going on with the sound lol. THANKS =]
rugger4life
what is the model number of the monitor? and is there a users manual that came with the monitor? if there is a manual that came with the monitor, have u looked to see if there is anything in it about sound? if the monitor has speakers built in, it would be in the manual on how to use them...
Robb
Check the sound connection at the back, is there a connection going into the speaker out? If not, you got no speakers.
Kare to the Bear
although, robb, some new computers at my school have no detachable speakers, but there are speakers built into the back of the computer. See if there are speaker... hole i guess that's what you would call it, in the back of the computer (i assume that's where it was coming from)
takeonmexx
yeah i have nothing sleep.gif i dont even think theres like.. a spot where you could potentially plug in speakers. this is odd sleep.gif oh and annoying!
Robb
QUOTE (Kare to the Bear @ Jul 30 2007, 03:55 PM) *
although, robb, some new computers at my school have no detachable speakers, but there are speakers built into the back of the computer. See if there are speaker... hole i guess that's what you would call it, in the back of the computer (i assume that's where it was coming from)

The speaker hole at the back of the computer is what I was referring to. I do build computers in my spare time I know what I am on about.
Kare to the Bear
i wasn't questioning it. i know you know what you're talking about, i was just talking about the ones at school (which i've only really looked at once or twice) and there were no exterior speakers, so the sound must have come from the computer or the monitor somewhere. that's what she could have
Darksun
The speakers built into monitors suck anyway though, so you might be better off with some external speakers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.