Miss K♥
post Mar 13 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #1

home is wherever I'm with you
Group Icon

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 100502
Name: Kathi

Hi, me again with another wedding-related dress question. This time I'm one of the bridesmaids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My good friend Cat is getting married properly this fall (they're already married but that was because she would have gotten deported otherwise, long story) and here are the dress options she's given us. There are 5 bridesmaids including myself and I'm pretty sure we all have very different body types. I only know one of the other girls because they're all coming over from the States.

Anyway, I've sort of made up my mind and in the end I have to go with what the majority wants anyway, but I would love some thoughts. The main problem is that I won't be able to try it on before it gets shipped over to Europe from the States.

The color of the dress will be PEWTER which isn't an option on the website but that's what it's going to be.

DRESS ONE: SHORT COTTON
Essential question: will I be able to wear a bra under that? It's sort of low cut in the back and I'm used to showing more boobage. That's ok though. I'll survive. I will.

DRESS TWO: LONGER SATIN
I don't like satin. I don't like the length because it will just make my legs look shit. The bride wants us to wear flats because we're all different hights as it is. Does the neckline make up for that?

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kare to the Bear
post Mar 13 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Live. Laugh. Love
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 76887
Name: Karen

I love both dresses. I think dress 2 might be a better dress because I feel like you're cover a lot more

+Quote Post
love fuhrer
post Mar 13 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #3

for your health
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 53731
Name: a.d.w.

I think they're both cute but if I had to pick one... probably the first. You could use those stick on bra thingees I guess?

+Quote Post
Jessica*
post Mar 13 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #4

mommy to Adysen - 06/29/2010
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 67795
Name: Jessica

I think they're both beautiful, but I think it depends on the type of wedding. The first dress looks very sophisticated/elegant, and the second one looks more casual (not that its casual, but better for a more laid back wedding). I think the length of the satin one is kinda awkward , and overall like the cotton one. and I have no clue about a bra, but maybe if you got a skin coloured one it'd be okay??

+Quote Post
babzxo1221
post Mar 13 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #5

you are a butterfly in the wind without a care.
Group Icon

Member No.: 69672
Name: Paige

the first one is gorgeous for sure, I like it. Maybe a strapless bra? and pull the back down?

+Quote Post
Miss K♥
post Mar 13 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #6

home is wherever I'm with you
Group Icon

Member No.: 100502
Name: Kathi

Thanks so much everyone ... I was totally for the first one at the beginning, now I'm leaning more towards the second and maybe having the hemline taken up a little.

It's all about the bra, really. I was also thinking a strapless bra, that does work sometimes. But the back of the first dress is so low. The thing about the stick on bra things is just that I'm a D cup and my boobs would be like .. ahahahaha seriously, Kathi?
I've never tried them though, I can get some at H&M and see what happens. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The wedding is supposed to be a laid-back affair ... but isn't that what almost every bride says?

+Quote Post
LazyAngel
post Mar 14 2012, 02:07 AM
Post #7

Aim Girl Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 87989
Name: Sasha

Oohh I like Number 1. I think you'd have to go strapless with that though. I have a bra that came with this extra long piece of elastic/strap which you wind around yourself and put into the normal clasp of the bra. In that way, it drags the bottom of the bra down. It's not horribly uncomfortable, too.
Like this: http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/109774700...p_Converter.jpg
http://www.millionlooks.com/images/v-shaped-back-bra.jpg

I'm only a B/C cup but I've worn it with a strapless bra before, and the bra didn't go too far (as in fall down). You could use hollywood tape to hold the bra in place, and the dress would probably help too.
If you're hand with a sewing machine you could probably make yourself a strap...

Another thing, although I've never tried it and doubt it would work, is if you got an adjustable bra and made the straps criss cross the front instead of the back? Worth a try, anyway...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:38 PM
Cool Sites: Profile Picture Editor | MySpace Codes | Buddy Icons | MSN Icons | Twitter Backgrounds