Kare to the Bear
post Feb 17 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Live. Laugh. Love
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 76887
Name: Karen

A story I wrote. If people could tell me what they thought about it, it would be really helpful. Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm Sorry

Tears fall down my face as Laura confides in me, explaining what has happened the past couple months. Me, her best friend. Me, the person she can't live without. Me, the person who knows her virtually inside and out. Me, the person who accepted the excuses. Me, the person who was oblivious to what was happening. Me, the person who should have known what was happening the first time it happened.

“Shut up!” Laura laughed as we stood in line to get our picture taken for the year book.
“Next,” the photographer called. I stepped up and sat on the black box set up in front of the gray backdrop. “Sit up straight, tilt your head to your right, and smile,” he said. I do what he says and gave him my biggest smile. The flash went off and I got up, blinking rapidly to clear the dancing stars from my eyes, as I walked out of the way to the door to wait for Laura. Laura was quickly seated on the box I just vacated. The photographer told her the same thing, and she was done. She met me by the door and we walked down the hall to the front doors.
“Did you see that guy behind us when we were in line for our pictures?” Laura asked with a certain glow emanating from her face. I shook my head, trying to remember who she was talking about.
“I guess I didn't see him. Why? Who is he?” I asked, curious to see why she brought it up.
“His name is Marco and he's a transfer student. He moved from L.A.,” she said in a rush, her cheeks rosy with lust.
“You got all that from the minute it took me to get my picture taken?” I asked, shocked that she found out so much.
She nodded, “I also found out that we have a class together, Science.” I pretend to listen as she went on, wondering how she can be so confident with someone she just barely met. We reached the front doors and went our separate ways-- her to her mom's car, and me to my dad's.

I wrap my arms around Laura, sobbing hard now, while her face is dry as a bone.

Months passed and Laura's and Marco's relationship slowly develop into a physical one. We talk one day about her and Marco. “He's just so incredible,” Laura gushed. I nodded, thinking about my slight crush on him. When his jet black hair falls into his piercing green eyes combined with his bad boy essence he drove girls crazy. He was so charismatic that he was able to talk his way out of any trouble. “And well yesterday, we uh...” Laura began to blush.
My mouth dropped. “You did not!”
“Yea we did.”
“Wow.” I was lost for words. We were so young. I knew Laura and Marco were in love, but it just seemed like they moved too fast. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and tried to be happy for Laura. “Tell me about it. How was it?” I asked.
“Well he was gentle and romantic. It was just incredible. There are no words to describe it,” Laura explained.

“You wanna hear something funny?” Laura asked one day when we were walking to class.
“Sure,” I replied.
“Mrs. Matthews pulled me aside the other day after class and asked me if Marco hit me,” she said with a glint of laughter in her eyes.
“Are you kidding me?” I asked laughing. Laura shook her head. “Wow. How stupid can she be?” I reply. I can't imagine Marco hurting Laura. She's so strong and Marco loves her so much. If anything did happen between them, Laura wouldn't let anything happen, right? That's just silly, they're going to get married, I thought. The bell rang and we both rush to our classes. “See you later,” I called to Laura as she opened the door to her classroom.
“Later,” she called right before the door closes and I was caught up in the stream of frantic students trying to get to their class before the second bell rings.

How could I not have noticed the signs? Now, they're clear as day, I think to myself.

“Hey,” I said to Laura as I slipped into my normal seat at lunch.
“Hey,” she answered, her eyes concentrated on the table, and continued to eat her sandwich.
“What did you do?” I asked, indicating the dark black and blue on her arm.
“Huh? Oh, I fell off my bed and whacked my arm on my bedside table,” she commented. I nodded, accepting her answer for Laura was one of the clumsiest people I knew.
“What am I going to do with you? I think we need to put you in a bubble,” I replied, laughing. She laughed along and took another bite of her sandwich.

Tears fall down my face as Laura confides in me, explaining what happened the past couple months. “He hurt me. He would hit me. Most of the bruises that blamed on my clumsiness were due to him.” Tears continue making rivers down my cheeks. “He not only hit me, but he would rape me too,” Laura goes on. I throw my arms around her and hold her tight, my tears dripping onto her shirt sleeve, making it sopping wet, while my shirt stays dry.
“I'm sorry I didn't notice anything. I'm sorry for being so self centered. I'm sorry for being such a horrible friend; for not noticing the signs; for not stopping it. You don't deserve anything like that.” I continue crying, blaming myself for everything that has happened the past couple months; blaming myself for looking past everything I saw and heard. “I'm sorry,” I whisper in her ear one last time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suck(My)Kiss
post Feb 24 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #2

hakuna matata
Group Icon

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 96469
Name: Tasha

wow, very emotional. it was very well written too.

i'm speechless

+Quote Post
Kare to the Bear
post Feb 24 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Live. Laugh. Love
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 76887
Name: Karen

Thanks. That's what I was trying to do. I"m just a little worried about the repetition. Did it bother you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 09:37 PM
Cool Sites: Profile Picture Editor | MySpace Codes | Buddy Icons | MSN Icons | Twitter Backgrounds