love fuhrer
post Oct 15 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #1

for your health
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 53731
Name: a.d.w.

Are you crafty? Or arty? I know there are several people on this forum who have amazing talent. I love doing that sort of thing but I don't think I have The Knack -- whenever I make/create something it always turns out a little wopp wopp. I used to be able to draw! Anyway, people who have the creativity and imagination to make awesome looking shit make me really curious and envious, so I was wondering if anyone had any cool stuff or ideas they wanted to share so I could start to claw my way up onto the bandwagon? It's summer time, which is makingtime for me.

ALSO I am currently buying up some vintage patterns online to try my hand at making my own dresses. Anyone else do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Element
post Oct 15 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #2

o:
Group Icon

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 51538
Name: Leigh

I can't sew but something else that's cool to do with clothes is make stencils and paint them on shirts or whatever you want. Pretty much any image can be a stencil, it just might be a little hard to cut out. If you want a stencil made, I can do it for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Some stuff people did http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=140.0

Craftster is a good place to creep and see what people are making. There's tons of subforums on there plus people that can help if you get stuck.

edit: just saw this
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=376660.0

She made a dress and she said that's an easy pattern

+Quote Post
Jamie Noelle x3
post Oct 15 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Goodbye my sweetheart & hello Vietnam.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3628
Name: Jamie Noelle

I am not artsy or crafty at ALL. However I could definitely do a DIY project with directions (which is how I plan on doing a lot for my wedding).. I'm just not good with creating new, imaginative things.

+Quote Post
Miss K♥
post Oct 16 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #4

home is wherever I'm with you
Group Icon

Member No.: 100502
Name: Kathi

I used to be pretty artsy and crafty, haha. Most of my creativity went down the drain when I got with the boyfriend, started uni etc .. how sad is that. I only realized that a few months ago but now I'm writing in my diary again, painting some and taking pictures. I've never been good at or patient enough to try sewing, although I would LOVE to be able to make my own clothes ...

+Quote Post
flux
post Oct 16 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #5

HNIC
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 94714
Name: zohweeee

i like to think im both. anything in particular you're interested in? like sewing? or paper things? or jewlery things?

+Quote Post
babzxo1221
post Oct 16 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #6

you are a butterfly in the wind without a care.
Group Icon

Member No.: 69672
Name: Paige

I like projects, but not all the time. I mean, I do work at an arts and crafts store so I do do stuff all the time! But I am learning how to crochet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
love fuhrer
post Oct 16 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #7

for your health
Group Icon

I like to do just crafty stuff. I try my hand at scrapbooking but I am rubbish. I have a friend who is good at EVERYTHING as well.

+Quote Post
flux
post Oct 17 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #8

HNIC
Group Icon

well one thing i really like to do is make envelopes. if you like to send mail, or add letters to packages you send, this is really fun and a way to add a personal touch, even if you buy the card :3
here's a link that tells you how although im sure you could figure it out on your own, its really easy. and as long as the paper is sturdy, you're not restricted to scrapbooking paper. my favorite to use is thick magazine paper cause the images are really cool (:

+Quote Post
LazyAngel
post Oct 17 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #9

Aim Girl Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 87989
Name: S

Oh, I am jealous of those who can sew, or just give it a go! How are you going finding the vintage patterns? When I was on etsy, it seemed like there were heaps. Or check out Salvo stores, they probably have some.

I'm crafty, but not overly. I love it, but I often feel let down with my designs. Sometimes, I hit the jackpot (I think). I dabble at poetry, short stories, computer design stuff (like posters, logos etc), I LOVE making cards, either designing on the computer and printing (often with cut outs and stuff, or ribbon stuck on) or making them from scratch (i used to have a pretty awesome design with spray paint and ribbon) and so forth. Can't really draw (my dad used to be a painter tho), and I am musical. So I'm kinda arty, but don't feel I particularly excel in any one area.

Do you do any computer based design?
BTW, I reckon you write really well, Fuhrer, that's an arty skill.

+Quote Post
love fuhrer
post Oct 17 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #10

for your health
Group Icon

I think I need to get over the idea that I can't borrow other people's techniques until I get some foundation skills to come up with my own. I look at the Sallies for patterns here, I just bought a big old 60s sewing-tech manual for like 10c the other day. Now to motivate myself to do something about it without being all self-defeatist.

I'm going to check out these sites. I meant to make a stencil t-shirt from an album cover ages ago and never got around to it. Laziness: it's half the prob.

P.S. Thanks for the comment about the writing, really need someone to critique it though or I don't bother these days!

+Quote Post
Kare to the Bear
post Oct 18 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Live. Laugh. Love
Group Icon

Member No.: 76887
Name: Karen

i LOVE doing arts and crafts. My second job is working in a costume shop (which is really fun when i'm actually sewing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ). I feel like I can't pay attention to one thing for too long and I have to be doing SOMETHING, so I always love knitting or painting or puzzles just to help me focus

+Quote Post
flux
post Oct 22 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #12

HNIC
Group Icon

this girl is like a hardcore crafter, no joke. even if you don't do the stuff she does, it's really fun and inspiring to look at her projects: this link takes you to katie's blogspot

+Quote Post
Element
post Oct 22 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #13

o:
Group Icon

Member No.: 51538
Name: Leigh

HER CAT IS SO CUTEEEE

+Quote Post
Kare to the Bear
post Oct 23 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #14

Live. Laugh. Love
Group Icon

Member No.: 76887
Name: Karen

QUOTE (flux @ Oct 22 2011, 10:01 PM) *
this girl is like a hardcore crafter, no joke. even if you don't do the stuff she does, it's really fun and inspiring to look at her projects: this link takes you to katie's blogspot

Thank you, her blog is now my new addiction (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
flux
post Oct 23 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #15

HNIC
Group Icon

QUOTE (Element @ Oct 22 2011, 05:55 PM) *
HER CAT IS SO CUTEEEE

I KNOW AND HIS NAME IS MOO

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 12:29 AM
Cool Sites: Profile Picture Editor | MySpace Codes | Buddy Icons | MSN Icons | Twitter Backgrounds