IPB    

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should people be allowed to sell their own body parts?
Trafficking Human Body Parts
Are there laws in your city/state/country AGAINST trafficking human body parts?
Yes. [ 5 ] ** [71.43%]
No. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I don't know. [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Do you think people should be allowed to sell their own body parts? (ie. liver, kidney, lung, etc.)
Yes. [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
No. [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
I don't know. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Are you an organ donor?
Yes. (I have donated an organ before.) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yes. (But only when I die.) [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
No. (I don't want to.) [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
No. (But I want to.) [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
flux
post Sep 22 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #1

HNIC
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 94714
Name: zohweeee

I chose Yes, Yes, & No.
I think people should be allowed to sell their own kidneys through a special government program. I don't know much statistic or facts about this, so this is just my gut feeling. Feel free to persuade me otherwise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LazyAngel
post Sep 23 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Aim Girl Addict
Group Icon

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 87989
Name: S

No selling. That would then cause problems with people "farming" people and their bodies etc. Voluntary donation of organs, such as kidneys for someone close in need - yes. But not selling.
I was reading an article about egg donation - it is illegal to sell your eggs in Australia, but you can donate them. This makes sense to me - donate, don't sell.

+Quote Post
flux
post Sep 23 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #3

HNIC
Group Icon

i dont quite understand how people can farm other people...like kill them and harvest their organs...and then what? stick em in a cooler and take em to the hospital for a profit?

my idea would be a specific federal program in which people must apply to before they can sell their organs. the program matches the people applying to the people in need, i.e. sick people on the waitlist for kidneys. no other selling of organs would be legal except through this ONE program.

for those who don't agree with selling one's own organs, what would you suggest as an effective alternative to the huge problem of people waiting for viable organs? or is it just too bad for them?
do you think a tax break of some sort for those who donate organs would be a helpful incentive?

+Quote Post
Robb
post Sep 24 2011, 03:24 AM
Post #4

Beware my power, GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54316
Name: Robb

If it's your own body you should have the right to do with it as you please. If that includes selling organs to a donation clinic, especially with the MASSIVE amount of people awaiting them. It should be regulated of course, with upper limits on prices etc.

+Quote Post
flux
post Sep 24 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #5

HNIC
Group Icon

Yes, that's how i view it too Robb.

also, for my imaginary program, i wouldn't accept random organs in coolers. they would have to have the operation done in my specific hospital.

+Quote Post
love fuhrer
post Sep 25 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #6

for your health
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 53731
Name: a.d.w.

QUOTE (Robb @ Sep 24 2011, 10:24 PM) *
If it's your own body you should have the right to do with it as you please. If that includes selling organs to a donation clinic, especially with the MASSIVE amount of people awaiting them. It should be regulated of course, with upper limits on prices etc.

I reckon they'd be pretty heavy with the mental health screening of donors, too.

I'm a donor on my driver's license. I donated blood a couple of times too before it was too difficult to find a vein.

+Quote Post
Suck(My)Kiss
post Oct 4 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #7

hakuna matata
Group Icon

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 96469
Name: Tasha

i think people should be able to sell their own organs but there would need to be a proper system in place obviously. too many people die waiting for a transplant.

but to play the devil's advocate for a second... what about the people that can't afford to buy organs? they'd just stay on the UNOS list and let everyone else who can buy them, pass them by?

+Quote Post
flux
post Oct 15 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #8

HNIC
Group Icon

hopefully if there was a legit system then organizations would form & create trusts or raise funds and such from donations and whatnot to help people out...or maybe a special type of loan...idk, but you're totally right, i think waaayyy too many people die on a waiting list.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 08:52 AM
Cool Sites: Profile Picture Editor | MySpace Codes | Buddy Icons | MSN Icons | Twitter Backgrounds